Hi, I’m Lauren Shay: solopreneur, mum to a mini cyclone, awesome wife and runner/shuffler! In 2013, after 11 years in the media industry, I took a leap of faith and started my own business – Full Stop Writing, Editing and Design (originally called Full Stop Design, Editing, Publishing). I wanted a career change that would allow me to flex my creativity while still being able to spend quality time with my daughter (who was only six months old at the time).
Nearly three years later, it has been a steep learning curve, but one I am eternally grateful for. I have a loyal customer base, have worked on some truly exciting projects, and while I like to think I’m my own boss, I really answer to my daughter Cailin (and my clients, of course!).
STRANGE BUT TRUE:
- I won the Healthy Cake Baking competition at the Royal Darwin Show one year.
- I did my cadetship at the Cooktown Local News, where the editor never wore shoes.
- I was an appalling athlete growing up, but as an adult I have completed one 167km ultramarathon, three 100km ultramarathons, a 79km ultramarathon, six 50km ultramarathons, eight marathons, numerous half-marathons and a range of endurance and smaller events.
- I lived in a bus motorhome with my family for a year and a half, travelling and working around Australia!
- I write a blog for fun called Oh, the Places We’ll Go.
- Graded journalist and sub-editor.
- Worked at respected newspapers around Australia, including The Courier-Mail, Sunday Mail, Bundaberg NewsMail and Northern Territory News.
- Page designer at editorial services provider Pagemasters. Clients included Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and the Canberra Times.
- Graduated from the University of Melbourne.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Flair for writing entertaining and informative copy.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- The ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong creative streak.
- Friendly, down-to-earth professional who values forming positive relationships with clients.
If you would like to discover how Full Stop can help you stand out from the crowd, please don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.